We invite you to join the Funeral Consumers Alliance of the Finger Lakes.
Benefits of Membership
- Welcome packet with end-of-life and funeral-planning information, including planning forms that when filled out will provide your survivors with specific instructions about preferred funeral arrangements.
- The Alliance Newsletter, published twice a year—a continuing source of information about death-care planning and customs and the funeral industry from a consumer’s perspective.
- Access to benefits of membership in affiliates of the national Funeral Consumers Alliance throughout the U.S. This access can help if you move or die away from home.
- The satisfaction of supporting an organization committed to consumer education and protection.
- Peace of mind knowing that you have made it easier for survivors to make arrangements at the time of your death.
If you are interested in becoming more involved with the organization, there are a variety of volunteer opportunities possible, from helping us gather data for our price survey to monitoring state legislation that affects funeral consumers to assisting with newsletter preparation.
To apply for membership, either fill out our Enrollment Form online or download, print and complete an Enrollment Form (PDF) for each member of your household who wishes to join. If you have difficulty downloading and printing the form, email us to send the required number of copies to you.
Funeral Consumers Alliance of the Finger Lakes
P.O. Box 134
Ithaca, New York 14851
Although a lifetime membership is free, donations are requested from those who can afford them. A tax-deductible donation of $30 per member is suggested. You can enclose a check or money order payable to FCAFL with your printed application. If you prefer to donate online, please note on your application that you have done so.
If you are already a member but would like to continue to support our mission of education and advocacy, we welcome donations at any time.